Welcome to Sue's Book Reviews
Over the years I have read many books. Some become favourites I read time and time again. Others strike me as a definite to add to my favourite list.
I decided to review some of these books in the hope that others may enjoy them as I have.
The reviews below reflect only my own thoughts on these novels.
Happy reading!







Monday, April 29, 2013

Boo's Bad Day




Title: Boo's Bad Day

Author:         Penny Lockwood

Illustrator:    Deborah C. Johnson
Publisher: 4RV Publishing

Pages:         32 pages

Genre:         Children's book with pictures


This a wonderful story about Boo the kitten who sits by the window watching the bigger cats play in the snow outside. He wants to go and join them and his chance comes when his owner Timmy comes in the door. Unfortunately the outside world is not as wonderful as Boo expected it to be.

After reading this book I wished I knew children who were the right age to read it. I was fascinated by the story and illustrations, and believe it will catch and hold young children's attention. The author makes no attempt to humanize Boo. He acts and purrs like a kitten when he is happy, and meows loudly when he is frightened. His owners love him and he loves them. The only reason he got into trouble was because he was bored. Is there a message for young people there?

Well done and thank you Ms Lockwood for writing a gorgeous book. You also picked exactly the right illustrator for your story. Congratulations.

2 comments:

  1. Sue, thank you for this lovely review! It's so nice to have such a wonderful response to Boo and his adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Susan York Meyers! She's the winner of an autographed copy of Boo's Bad Day.

    ReplyDelete